Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 13 ~ Our 26th Wedding Anniversary

I married my 
"Knight in Shining Armor"
 twenty six years ago today!!!





This is how we looked last year on our anniversary day. We had just moved in to our new home and had spent most of the night unpacking and setting up housekeeping. We had talked about making reservations at Bern's Steakhouse, but due to the move, things were so hectic and we were so tired, the reservations were never made. (yeah, my fault) We did make it out to Chili's for dinner that night with our two sons joining us. It was the best 25th anniversary dinner I could have hoped for!

This year, our 26th, I am sick; so my "Knight in Shining Armor" zipped off to our oft frequented Chinese take-out place and brought my favorite to me, Orange Chicken! Yum! THEN...he was called in to work! A key player unexpectedly "quit" this afternoon and the restaurant is swamped. My husband didn't blink an eye but ate his Orange Chicken quickly, changed his clothes, and hurried out the door...to work on his scheduled day off. You see, that's the kind of man I married! He isn't only my "Knight in Shining Armor", he is that valiant Knight for everyone in his life. I'm so thankful to be married to such a caring, hard working man of character who loves the Lord with all his heart!


Agustin & Pam
December 13, 1986

Honey, I love you so much and I'm sorry we didn't get to have a nice evening together on our anniversary. Sigh. Maybe next year? 

1 comment:

Betty W said...

Happy belated Anniversary Pam! I hope you have many more years together! I know about hard working husbands....I have one too. :)