Thursday, October 11, 2007

Peaceful Sleep Needed

I really can't see the computer screen through my tears. I just left Patti a note on her Caring Journal Page, when I received another alert that a new post had just been added. I signed right back on to read the update written by her dear friend Raisa. My heart is heavy, tears for this sweet soul are flowing. I wish you all could meet her. She truly is one of the strongest women I know. She has been one of my number one encouragers through the years. To hear of her crying out begging for help certainly assures me that she is miserable right now.
*******************************************************
Raisa wrote the following:
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2007 04:53 PM, CDT


I just got a phone call from Patti, she is absolutely falling apart , she was crying asking me to let everybody knows that she needs prayers so she can sleep.

In my opinion she is doing worse this time than last time, last time they were able to control the pain after a couple of days, this time is not only pain, nausea, migraine, hunger, yes, she is very hungry, but says that she can't drink anything on that liquid diet, only water. All the meds they are giving her are helping some but not enough for her to be able to sleep peacefully, I feel so helpless when she hurts... I love her and hate to see her in such despair, I know God is in control and won't give her more than she can handle, however, someone like her, always so positive and faithful to the Lord, when she cries out, it is very hard to handle.

Please call your friends from other churches and ask them for prayers. That is better than any medicine, than any doctor.
God bless you all,
Raisa

8 comments:

Susan said...

Sometimes I think it's as hard to bare anothers pains and suffering as our own. I'm so sorry for you and your friend.
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

I am sorry too. I pray that she will have restful sleep and that prayers are rallied around the world.

Kimberly said...

We do know how restorative sleep can certainly heal. I'll pray now and throughout this evening that she finds some relief from her pain.

Ashley said...

We're all praying! I'm very sorry...I don't know why God puts us through these sorts of things but He's always got a plan. And it's time like these that we really have to rely on that.

MightyMom said...

sorry to hear of your friend....what is the cause of her pain??

Justabeachkat said...

I will definitely pray for Patti. Bless her heart! I'll pray for you too...I know how hard this is for you. Please keep us posted.

Hugs!
Kat

Kristi said...

Prayer changes things. Bless her heart...I'll say one for her right now.

~Kristi

Lori said...

So sorry to hear this. I will be praying for her.