Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Heart Is Heavy

Friends, today's news concerning Patti has me in tears. I beg those of you who believe in the power of prayer, to please join me as I fall on my face before my Father God on Patti's behalf. My heart is heavy as I realize there is really nothing I can do in the physical realm to help relieve her from the discomfort and pain she is suffering. I do know that prayer is the best thing I can do for her right now. Following is the latest journal entry which had to be posted by her friend.
****************************************************************
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2007 09:45 PM, CDT

Hello everyone, yes, it is Raisa again!

As you all know Patti is back in the hospital, she updated her journal before she left, it is about time I help her by letting you know what is going on.

Since she was admitted, her migraines have not stopped, she says they are the worst migraines she has ever had, she thinks it is the nutritional bag they are feeding her intravenously, however, she has to have this supplement.

Yesterday they took her to have the infected pocket drained, the first time, she was not awake and felt nothing, this time it was a different story, for some reason she was fully awake and felt it all. She says it was horrible, and to top it all of she was experiencing a horrible migraine and overwhelming nausea. She had a real bad night, no matter what medicine they gave her, did not help her pain and she was throwing up all night.

She continues with migraines and with bad nausea, the doctor is trying another pain killer to see if it helps, our sweet Patti is definitely going through a lot right now and urgently needs our prayers.

She is having her surgery (removal of part of colon) Nov 6th, she'll have to keep her drain on until then. I'm sorry I have to be the bearer of bad news but I'm sure you want to know.

God bless you all and please pray, pray, pray!!!!!

Raisa

7 comments:

~~Deby said...

Oh Pam I will pray for this dear suffering saint and friend of yours and now all of ours...
Deby

candy said...

I am praying right now for the Lord to touch her body and bring her healing. He is still in the miracle working business and I believe He hears and answers prayer. I am praying specifically for her to be pain free tonight and that those awful migraines will break..
Thinking of Patti tonite,
Candy

Kimberly said...

She will be constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Paula said...

I'm praying for Patti. I had major surgery three years ago and had 3 life-threatening abcesses removed from my stomach. I can almost feel her pain!
Blessings,
Mrs. C

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for Patti right now...

<><

Sis. Julie said...

Oh me!! I hate hearing this news. I am definitely praying for Patti. Thank you for keeping us updated!!

TO BECOME said...

Pam, I am so, so sorry. I wish I could do something physically for her but I can't and I know without a doubt that God is in control and I don't know why this is happening but because God is allowing it to be, I will pray with all my heart that He give Patti the strength to endure this test. You are in my prayers also. connie from Texas