Tuesday, October 02, 2007

God Thought of Me Today!

A blogging friend, Mishel, is going through a very difficult time right now. It has been several months of health issues of her own and now she is caring for her mom who has some serious health issues as well. Mishel always blesses my heart with her testimonies and faith in God! Her sweet spirit comes through her blog and even though I have never met her in person, I feel that she must be one of the most loving people I've ever *met*! LOL (Didn't I just say I'd never met her?) Well, you bloggers know what I mean!

Please remember Mishel and her mom in your prayers. Mishel would love to be able to leave Alabama and return home to her family in California. Yet she doens't want to leave her mom until all is well. I know she would appreciate prayers from fellow believers!

Mishel posted the following quotes on her blog this week. They were EXACTLY what I needed! Of course, my God knew that! She has taken them out of a daily devotional book by Dr. Paul Chappell.

"We all have needs that come into our lives, and each time of need presents an opportunity for us to either trust God or worry."

"Peace is not found in the absence of trouble, but in the presence of God."

"It's one thing to hear the words of God, but it's another thing to grab hold of them and believe them to be true in your own life."

10 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Pam, Thanks for signing my "Guest Book". I think the vet was wrong when he said that Munchkin's liver wouldn't rejuvenate. She is getting better and better every day. She is starting to even put on weight again.

Just goes to show, God loves his four legged children also.

As for me, as long as I wake up every morning and I am still on the right side of the grass, I am doing good.

Ashley said...

Yes, God knows...just like devotions he gave me on sunday night. In James chapter 1. It was amazing how He was telling me things. ^_^ And in that song He gave me to sing as well.

Yep, and I'm trying my hardest at this time in my life to trust.
Those quotes are great! What I needed as well! Thanks for posting them! <3

Lori said...

I will pray for your friend. I liked that devotional and enjoyed reading those quotes. They are what I needed
to read as well.

Kristi said...

I read her post earlier and it touched my heart that she feels in the middle of a situation she can't control right now. But God knows all about it and He will work it all out to His glory and in His time.

Praying for Mishel!!!

~Kristi

Avi said...

May G-d heal her and give her strength.
PS Jews have a custom of placing prayer requests in the cracks of the Western Wall. You can write a prayer to be delivered there on aish.com (go to wallcam). Just FYI!

Lyndy said...

What great quotes and they truly hit home for me.

Thanks so much for letting us know about Mishel, I have not gotten to visit with her lately and I will certainly be praying. I know that is a stressful situation.

Have a great Wednesday my sweet friend.

Theresa's Notes said...

I read her blog, and I think it very sweet of you to make mention her and her mother on your blog.

You really are a sweet person.

Anonymous said...

What encouragement she has for others!!

Thanks for sharing!

WomanHonorThyself said...

how lovely of u to care..thank u for letting us know hun and God bless u too!

Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! I know Sis. Mishel appreciates you posting this for her. I've been praying for her and her momma and I know it has to be so difficult on her being away from her family. But God has her ministering to her momma right now. Her family also needs prayer as I know it can't be easy with her being gone. They will need strength as well. The enemy would love nothing more than to get to that husband or those children and cause them to be jealous or have feelings that are not of God in this situation. Trust me...I know. We have a lady in our church who is having to spend a lot of time with her momma...well not as much now...but she was practically living with her and her family was having to try to make it without her. It weighed on the husband and the children after a while. Their situation went on for over two months....they have now come out of it and her momma is doing much better. We just pray she continues to.