Monday, October 22, 2007

Lettuce with added Protein!!

I hope everyone's Monday was as splendid as mine! Shane got an A on his math test. whoopee!

I received the following picture from Patti. Isn't it great she is home and has felt well enough to be on line a bit? Look closely at the photo! It seems a polywog was bagged when they prewashed the lettuce and matured in the bag!! I think I may just stick to buying fresh heads of lettuce! What about you?




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HERE ARE THE TWO LATEST POSTS ABOUT OUR PATTI!

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2007 03:19 PM, CDT


Just spent some time with Patti, she was not feeling very well. was having a little cramping, and ,I'm afraid it was my fault. I brought a pot roast to Todd before she was discharged, and she decided to eat some, or as she said, she inhaled it! Most likely this was not the best choice for her fragile colon, so she is paying the price.
She has to stick to oatmeal, grits, soups, light low fiber foods, she has 2 more weeks to go and needs to be strong and infection free to sugery.
I'll keep updating you until she feels like doing it herself, keep praying and God bless you all,
Raisa

**********************************************************************

MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2007 05:51 PM, CDT


Patti had a good day, she was able to work for about 4 hours, stomach, etc., all behaving, praise God! It was a very love filled, positive, light at the end of the tunnel day for her. I made her some yummy chicken soup that she'll be eating tomorrow, NO MORE ROASTS! Sorry LB, you wont be eating any of that.....
Today she sounded like Patti, I could detect from her voice that she was happy. Don't let your guards down, she still has a while to go and needs all your prayers.
God bless you!
Raisa

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

OH MY GOODNESS! WHY ISN'T THAT FROG ON THE NEWS? WERE IS SHEP SMITH WHEN YOU NEED HIM!

Ashley said...

Ewwww...that's just a bit disgusting. O.o Wouldnt want to eat a poor froggy.

I'm so glad she's feeling better! It's so nice to get good news about her. But I'll still be in prayer for her!

Susan said...

Oh my!!! Thant one shocks me!
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

Oh I think I would have barfed in the store if I found the frog in the lettuce.

Justabeachkat said...

Double Yuk!!

Hugs!
Kat

Still praying for Patti. Who is Raisa? I keep wondering.

~~Deby said...

ribbbet...ribbet...barf...or maybe the PROTEIN was included for free...GROSS..
Deby

groovyoldlady said...

Hurray for Patti!

And I do think the froggy lettuce is carrying lo-carb just a bit too far, don't you?

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I couln't believe that photo....my mouth is still hanging wide open.

candy said...

Oh my goodness I have never seen anything like that in my life!!!!
I cant get over that!!! :)


I am praying for Patti.

Love Candy

TO BECOME said...

Oh, Pam, that kind of made me sick to my stomach. I will postively stick to fresh lettuce.

I am so glad Patti is feeling some better and she will continue to be in my prayers. connie from Texas

Kristi said...

I'm glad she was having a good day. I pray she has many, many more!

~Kristi

Oh, and........EWWWW about the frog!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious about THAT FROG?!!

Theresa's Notes said...

THAT IS SO SICK!! HOW DID THAT GET IN THERE!

I would have to ask my Husband take that back to the store, I do not think I could in a lady like manner.

Anonymous said...

Patti is still in my prayers!

Now, you young lady! You are still grossing me out with critters but now they are in our food! Don't you know that I have a weak stomach? I'm going to go vomit now! hehehe!