Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Yes, it's true! Today is my one year anniversary of blogging and I almost let it slip by with nary a word! I remember well, the day I created my blog. My niece, Jackie sent me an email asking me to go check out her blog. "Blog?" I thought. "Oh yeah, I've heard some mention on the news about it being a popular thing right now. How did Jackie manage to get one? I guess clicking on this innocent looking link she included will be quite harmless!" So click I did. I so enjoyed reading about her thoughts of the day and feeling a tad closer to her. You see, she lives in Paraguay as a missionary. Then I see this innocent enough looking word at the end of her post which read, "Comments". Well you all know me! I just had to comment! So comment I did. Now I'm about to share how ignorant I was. I typed a nice comment and then a message came up asking for me to sign in, but to sign in, I needed a blog--or so I thought! So, ladies and gentleman, that's when I jumped in to blogging on the old blogger. I created my own blog and the rest is history! Of course, later I learned I could have left her a comment anonymously and typed in my name but oh well!

I just love blogging and feel it has been quite an experience. I've enjoyed watching families grow, children learn, young women become better housewives, engaged gals prepare for marriage, and most importantly, I've been privileged to watch God work! He has answered so many prayers during this past year for those in my blogging community. I know I will never meet some of you, some of you I know already, some of you are family members or friends of family, some of you I may get the opportunity to meet. With that all said, I feel touched and honored each and every time any of you leave me a comment. I live for them! It humbles me to think that anyone would care to take a few minutes of their time to check my blog. It amazes me! I have grown to think of you all as dear friends.

Now I know most people have drawings or something special for big milestones in this blogging journey. I tried all day to think up something and I've drawn a blank. Any suggestions?

Once again, thanks for putting up with me for an entire year and for you Miss Jackie M.---A GREAT, BIG THANK YOU my dear for introducing me to the world of BLOG!!

21 comments:

HsKubes said...

Happy Blogaversary! ;o)

~ Christina

Pen of Jen said...

Happy Bloggy Anniversary!!! I am very happy that you began to blog:)

candy said...

Happy Blogversary!!!
We all love you Pam and are so glad you started blogging!!!

:)
hugs
Candy
xo

Anonymous said...

What would this crazy world be without you ?! So glad you are one of us :)

Susan said...

Happy Blogaversary!!! So glad you are here. You are a joy.
Susan

Ashley said...

LOL when I read the title of your post I thought you meant you and Uncle Agustin's anniversary. ROTFLOL! I'm not the brightest, that's been proven before.
But I'm glad you joined the blog, because you got me to start one too! I may not update everyday, but it is nice to keep up with everyone! ^__^

Missed you this morning! Love you!

Jackie said...

You're very welcome! I remember when you told me about your blog..."I tried to leave a comment and it said, WELCOME...NAME YOUR BLOG...so I did!!" LOL.

Justabeachkat said...

Happy One Year Anniversary to you sweet friend! It's been a pleasure getting to know you through this "World of Blog". Here's to many, many more years!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember how you harrassed us into starting one...(the blog gestapo!!)...And remember LOLing Clint--What joy!!

We all enjoy it....but get busy and do not update daily,,,,however, I do read everyone's!!

You could give away a devotional book and a gift card for hubby's restaurant!!


God bless you Pam!! I love you dearly and appreciate your time you invest in me!!

CaraqueƱa said...

Congratulations! I haven't been over here in FOREVER...got over here for the good news of your bloggiversary! God bless you! I hope to MEET you someday...ALTHOUGH I do feel that I already KNOW you!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you!

I enjoy reading your posts....here's to many more years of blogging!

Most Rev. Gregori said...

A YEAR ALREADY! WOW!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

TO BECOME said...

Happy Blog Anniversary. I am so glad you are here. You have made a difference in my life because you have been a part of it. Thank you Pam. I love you and wish you the best. connie from Texas

Paula said...

Happy Anniversary!

Blessings,
Mrs. C

~~Deby said...

Happy Anniversary...to one wonderful Christian blogging friend...keep up the work...WE are blessed...
hmmmmm...a blogging gift....hmmmmmmm money always works..(just kidding)....FOOD...not kidding...a Round trip ticket to meet you....guess I am feeling extravagant at YOUR expense this morning....I couldn't Resit...me I would take pickles...
Deby

Rebecca said...

Happy Anniversary my dear friend. I know what you mean about those you have gotten to know through blogging. I consider you and your sister to be dear friends and I long for the day (though it may be in Heaven) that I can hug your neck and tell you in person how much you've meant to me.

groovyoldlady said...

I'm so glad that I stumbled upon your blog!!!

To celebrate your blogiversay I think you should send me a box of chocolates. Caramel, cocount, nuts and peanut butter are acceptable, fruit creams are not.

I'll be waiting!

;-)

Webutante said...

Wonderful and many happy returns, Pam. Very special to know you.

Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! Happy Bloggy Anniversary!!! One year huh? Wow!! I'm so thankful that have become acquainted with you. I have missed getting to talk to you online though. I know our lives have been busy though. You don't feel well all the time and I don't feel well at times as well. I've been blessed by our friendship and with your blog. I love you my dear friend!!

Kristi said...

Happy Bloggiversary!

Just so you'll know, I just love reading your blog and I've enjoyed so much getting to know you through your posts and emails.

I hope to one day meet you, here on earth. If that never happens, I look forward to Heaven!

~Kristi

Baptist Girl said...

I am so glad I came across you blog, it has been a real blessing to me. You are a real blessing Pam!

Happy Aniversary to you! I am looking forward to the next year ahead.

Cristina