Friday, April 27, 2007

Two Great Men!

"I believe with all my heart that standing up for America means standing up for the God who has so blessed our land. We need God’s help to guide our nation through stormy seas. But we can’t expect Him to protect America in a crisis if we just leave Him over on the shelf in our day-to-day living."

--Ronald Reagan, November 16, 1982






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


PRAYER AND FAITH IN THE NEWS

Coach Tony Dungy fields questions from participants in
“Ask the White House” on April 23. Dungy, an active Christian, gave testimony to his faith during the session. Photo courtesy of the White House.

Coach Expresses Appreciation for Christian Campus Group

The NFL Champion Indianapolis Colts were honored at the White House this week during a ceremony on the South Lawn. As a part of their visit, Coach Tony Dungy, known for his dynamic Christian faith, took questions as a part of “Ask the White House,” a regular feature on the White House website. “Christopher” of Grafton, ND asked Dungy’s opinion of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. The following is Coach Dungy’s answer: What do I think of FCA? It means a great deal to me because the Fellowship of Christian Athletes really brings together two things that are close to me: athletics and my Christian faith. I think that’s a great organization to volunteer with as well as they help out in junior highs, high schools, colleges, and help student-athletes become more aware of their surroundings and their eternal life and that has been a great, great benefit to me as I’ve grown up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, two men worthy of our admiration and who choose to further the kingdom!!

Truly "winners" as they exude Christian leadership!!

Sis. Julie said...

I did not realize that Coach Dungy was as strong in His faith till I heard an interview that he had with someone. He strongly expressed his faith in Christ and mentioned salvation and repentance in that interview. I appreciate men like that who are not ashamed to talk about it...especially with the media.

Caraqueña said...

Yes, two great men indeed! I would add our President, George W., in there too! Well, Pam, your cookie is posted...can you tell me how to change fonts on posts and center lettering above pics, etc. please? Thanks

Rita Loca said...

OH for another Ronnie! But I think George W. is a much greater man than many realize. He just happens to live at a time where he must needs be and do unpopular things.

Disney for Boys said...

Pam great minds must really think alike :-) I just posted this quote on my blog not even 10 minutes ago and then decided to pop on over here! LOL I love you blog, I enjoyed getting to know a little more about you through your meme too! Thankful your in the blogosphere!

Blessings,
Tiany