Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dad's Day So Far!

Some photos taken of Mom and Dad on Christmas Eve, 2006, Faith Baptist Church, Wesley Chapel.




Greetings! I spoke with mom on the phone today and heard another great report on dad! Mom needs your prayers more than ever now, as she will become his primary caregiver when he gets home. She has been right by his side through all of this. I know she is worn out, but she is strong and determined. She tried going home to sleep the first night after dad was hospitalized but couldn't relax. The next day, dad was put in a room on the floor with a large couch and a recliner. Mom packed her suitcase and moved in! She showered and slept there. It made her feel more at ease to do so. Anyone who knows my mom knows she couldn't be talked out of staying. She had made up her mind to stay! I'm sure if it were my hubby, I would do the same!
They had dad up walking the halls again this morning and then he sat up for 2 hours in a recliner. A dear Christian brother came by to visit and pray with him. Bro. Steve could hardly pray for crying! He has always told me how much he loves and respects my dad. Dad then showered and spent 2 more hours sitting in the recliner. After lunch, he was exhausted! Then 2 more special visitors arrived. Pastor Bruce Turner and his Associate Pastor, Tommy Thompson came by to check on their dear Bro. Jack, and to have prayer. They were amazed at how quickly dad is healing! Dad's bandage was taken off his chest incision today. Pastor Turner, a couple doctors, and nurses have commented on how good the incision is healing. It doesn't look as though it is only 48 hours old. It appears to have had more time to heal than that, it looks so good! After his visitors left, Dad went fast to sleep! Mom said he was so ready for it!


He is reaching that irritable, grumpy stage that all heart surgery patients seem to go through. The doctors reassured us today that is common. My dad is usually laid back and so easy going. Now he is interrupting the nurses, telling them he doesn't need them, trying to do things on his own. I guess you could say his stubbornness is showing! Mom found herself apologizing to a nurse this morning for my dad's shortness with her. She smiled and said she understood what mom was saying but not to worry. Even at his worst, dad is still much kinder and a much better patient than most on that floor! LOL
We realize that part of dad's irritability is due to being through so much for the past 9 days! Also, rather than administering his diabetic medicine, they have him on insulin. They know it won't interfere with the other meds they are giving him. Dad is a regimented person as well. He has been out of his routine for over a week now. Plus I think he is just dog-bone tired! His body has been through so much and his emotions as well. We did discuss funeral plans with Pastor Turner you know, JUST IN CASE! I didn't mean for that to sound cold, just real. God had another plan for dad though. Thankfully he is still with us! Ok, I'm too emotional to go on now. Thanks for all the love, cyper-hugs and prayers!



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!

Why are we repeatedly amazed when the Lord does just as He promises??

"If ye shall ask ANYTHING in MY NAME...." I WILL DO IT!!

Prayers are still being lifted up!!

Yekwana Man said...

Pam, I wish I were there to help carry the load a little for you and Mom. And Johnny. No one mentioned funeral plans to me! You made me cry!
PTL, Dad is doing so well.

Kimberly said...

You (the whole family) have been in my prayers all day. Praise God for His mercy and healing. He is so good to us!

Jackie said...

I remember when he went through the "cranky" stage last time. It was funny, because compared to most people, he wasn't cranky at all!

Rita Loca said...

Oh my goodness! I just realized i left messages all over signed in as Yekwanaman!

jennifer said...

Pam, I am so glad that your dad is recovering! I love the photo of your mom and dad looking at each other! So romantic even after so many years...super neat!
I understand the 'just in case', in a fallen world we have death, no matter thank goodness for Jesus Christ:)

Abouna said...

Pam: Thank you for those kind words you left over on my blog. I am glad that I could be a comfort to you and your sister during this trying time in your life and your Dad's also. Even though we may belong to different chuch's, we are still brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus and we should be
there for one another in times of trouble, even if it is only to
offer up our prayers and give moral support.

I love those pictures of your parents. They are a great looking couple.

God Bless.

TO BECOME said...

That was a special report , Pam. I am so glad your Dad is doing so well. Yes, I understand your mom that is the kind of wife I am also. They are such wonderful people and so are you for being such a good daughter. Have a good night and will talk to you later. connie from Texas

Theresa's Notes said...

I am so very happy to hear about your dad getting better. I will still pray that he keeps improving. And I'll pray for your mom as well, I know it can't be easy for her.

Lyndy said...

So glad to hear he is still doing well. Will be praying for your mom's strength as well.

It has been a long week for all of you. Praying for you too dear friend.

Missy said...

Ok. i am not going to be a lurker this morning, but a responder. I have the privilege to work at home and while I do that I usually listen to the services at Crown. Yesterday morning, I heard an old song that I hadn't heard before and it got me to thinking and I wrote down the words to the chorus (and I think I got them all down) and it seemed so fitting...
"Just like Jessus to roll the clouds away, Just like Jesus to keep me day to day, Just like Jeses, all along the way, Just like his great love."

Still praying for everything...
love ya

Anonymous said...

As profoundly sad it would make me to lose Uncle Jack, I hope the plans of which you spoke would include a call to me. Reading your last few sentences, I became sad and teary-eyed...then I started smiling at how Daddy would welcome him and lead him to the shores of the river where they would spend time with the Lord. Then, they both would come and greet you and I when it's our time to join them...you go first!!!!! (Sorry, it was getting too serious. I HAD to interject some humor!) Oh, and don't call MY Uncle Jack grumpy...he has to be the meekest, mildest, kindest man I've EVER known! Love ya cuz. God will see you all through this.

Rita Loca said...

Beki! Hey cuz! i hope you are reading my blog, too! I am jealous! No comments in a long time! Just kidding, but since you and pam are so much older than me, you all will get to greet me on the other side! Ha Ha!

PAM, I have tagged you for The Real Mum meme!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo relieved and glad things are going so well!!I was and still am praying constantly for you all, and I hope things only get better!
The Lord is so good!

Baptist Girl said...

((((Pam)))) God is os Good!!

Cristina

Sis. Julie said...

Amen!!! Isn't the love of Jesus something wonderful??!! I'm so thankful He continues to touch your daddy. What a blessing to continue to see the wonderful updates about your daddy. I can understand about him being so irritable. Anyone would be who is used to being up and doing all the time then finds himself confined and not able to do as he is used to. God can help him with that as well. I'll begin to pray for him about that.

Disney for Boys said...

PTL I was thrilled to come by and see all the pics and to read that your father is doing well!

More hugs and prayers coming your way!!

(loved the pics, they were all great)

Tiany

Kristi said...

Give your mom a hug and tell her Happymama said to hang in there. We went through that period with daddy too...it was VERY difficult on my mother. But it DID get better. Tell her that this too shall pass. I know it helped that the nurse told her he was nicer than some other patients they've had. LOL...that's comforting, aye?
I do hope he recovers quickly and we'll keep both of your parents and your family close in thoughts and prayers!

~Kristi

Karen said...

Pam it's great to hear your dad is recovering. The Great Physician really looks after his patients doesn't he. I'm sure your glad he is doing better. I'll be praying for you and your family.