Thursday, March 05, 2009

Missing Them!

Many of you already know that my brother and son moved temporarily(?) to West Virginia where work awaited them. They only left this past Monday, but I'm already missing them. I guess it's the knowledge that they're so far away that makes me miss them so soon.

The week before they left town, I had the opportunity of seeing them every day for an entire week! They were refinishing the doors for Olive Garden and my garage was closer than their workshop. It was fun hearing their cheerful banter through out the day, and it made me happy to be able to feed them lunch daily. I'll cherish our lunch time conversations for a very long time.

In this clip, my son Josh is acting a little "silly" or maybe he was just high from the "fumes"!?!
(you will hear my Shane chuckling at the end of the clip)

12 comments:

Humble wife said...

Pam-lol on the 9-1-1 comment! I found the coconut oil at WaLmaRT. Very reasonable. It is where the lard and Crisco and oils are...jen

Betty said...

I can totally understand the "missing" part! It´s always hardest the first few weeks. How long will your son stay?
It´s great to hear your laugh on the video. Love it!

TO BECOME said...

I am so glad for those memories for you. I pray that God takes care of them and they have plenty of work and then are back home closer. Have a good day dear Pam.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Nothing like being happy while you work. Some how, with your garage door open, I doubt that it can be blamed on the fumes. I bet your son is naturally "High".

Don't worry, Virgina isn't really that far away. They'll be back.

Susan said...

Glad you had that nice week.
Susan

MightyMom said...

I have an uncle who's a migrant electrician....maybe they should get together??

Sis. Julie said...

I can imagine you are missing them!! I hated it when my daughter Michelle went to NC 6 months ago and I didn't get to see her on a regular basis. I haven't seen her since Christmas and can't wait till she is back in GA at the end of April for what I hope is for good. I do talk to her every day but it just isn't the same. I'm praying for you and for them and hoping them will make it back here soon to see you if not to be home permanently. At least they have a job right?

Hang in there!! I hate to say it...it does get easier but it will still be hard not having them near you. I won't lie.

Missy said...

ok, you got me i have to comment. Joshe was not being silly. I watched that for about 2 months. That is his normal self.

groovyoldlady said...

I love feeding guests when they're here!

I had trouble with the video - it was all glitchy. Maybe it was competing with your blog music.

Anonymous said...

This mom understands your heart. It's hard letting them go and go far. I have learned that having them in God's will is worth letting them leave even if I miss them like crazy.

Loved the video clip.

Lori said...

Good luck to your brother and his son on their move. I'm sure it is hard to have them move far away.

Rebecca said...

Hugs on missing your son!