Friday, January 23, 2009

A Tragic Day For America, My Country!

Below, you will read one of the saddest pieces of news I've heard in awhile. It's an email I received just moments ago from Donald Wildmon of the American Family Association.

EDITED TO SAY: Yesterday, I mistakenly mentioned FOCA as being signed. Please read Mighty Mom's comment to get a better idea on what happened on Friday. I knew this terrible act was going to happen once Obama was elected, I mean, it came as no surprise. He told us through out his campaign he was for choice, which means Pro-Abortion! But it really hit home today when he reversed President Bush's policy which for the past eight years has banned our tax dollars from going overseas to help fund family planning services similar to Planned Parenthood. And he wants our country to be healed? While helping to murder innocent ones? God forgive us is my plea!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please help us get this information into the hands of as many people as possible by forwarding it to your entire e-mail list of family and friends.

Obama lifts ban, will use your tax dollars to pay for abortions around the world


January 23, 2009

Dear Pam,

President Obama has lifted a ban on federal funding for international groups that promote or perform abortions, reversing a policy of his predecessor, George W. Bush.
Obama's actions mean that hundreds of millions of your tax dollars will go to help groups like Planned Parenthood perform abortions around the world.

His actions came one day after the 36th anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in all 50 states.

Please take the action suggested below. It will not cause Obama to reverse his decision, but it will send a notice to him that unborn babies are human and deserve the same rights as the born.

Take Action!
Send an e-mail to Obama asking him to stop funding the killing of unborn children.
After you send the e-mail, please make a phone call (202-456-1414) and leave a message that you strongly disagree with Obama's using tax dollars to fund abortion.
Watch this one minute video.



I IMPLORE you to get involved in helping stop ABORTION!! What an ugly scab on the face of our nation!

6 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Of course, you can snag whatever you want from my blog!

Joy said...

I e-mailed a letter.
My heart is breaking too.

Makes absolutely no sense.


Joy

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Dear Pam,
The people have elected EVIL to rule this country. I tried as hard as I could to warn people of what will befall us if they elected Obama, a poor excuse for a human being, and people would not listen, now we all must suffer as America gets the government it asked for.

The next thing on his "To Do" list is to get rid of the Defense of Marriage Act, which will force all States to accept and recognize same-sex marriages performed else where.

Yes, I sent an email to Obama telling him exactly what I think of him.

MightyMom said...

Sadly, the AFA is just as biased in their zealotry as the MSM.

He did not sign FOCA. FOCA has to go through Congress before he will ever see it and they have NOT added it to their agenda for this session.

He did lift the ban on money going to overseas family planning services which means that our money may ultimately help fund abortions. Sad, too sad. But we need to uphold the same truth in reporting that we want from the MSM.

All the numbers in this email are made up to inflame as nothing has been given overseas for 8 years and will have to be re-approved.

Here's a linky-loo for a good article in it's entirety for more details.

http://agangershome.blogspot.com/2009/01/merde.html

It is sad to see this ban lifted as it was a good thing. But we can keep on alerting our representatives in govt that if they approve the $$$$ they lose their nice cushy "job" and stop the funds at that point.

Never quit. The entire reason our government works the way it does is so that NOTHING one person does (even the president) is ever a final dictate. (checks and balances...distribution of power...3 branches of govt)

:-)

Unknown said...

MM - That line about FOCA was my mistake. The email from AFA didn't mention FOCA at all. I realize what happened yesterday requires more action before being reinstated, so I edited my line about that.

I don't find the email from AFA misleading at all as it didn't mention FOCA. I messed that up in my opening paragraph. So you think the hundreds of millions of tax dollars they mentioned is the inflamed info.? I don't want one red cent going to help fund abortions. I'm on my way to check out the link left.

You made my point for me in stating that nothing has been going overseas during Bush's 8 yrs. His first action in office was to ban our tax dollars from doing that. God bless him!

Thanks for reminding us that our system of 3 branches has served us well over the years, and that it is OUR responsibility to CALL our reps.

Don't you worry MM, I'll not give up fighting abortion. My heart aches for those who have experienced it first hand because they thought it was the best thing to do at the time.

Kelly said...

This is not just sad, but it angers me. I knew I did not want Obama leading our country. Not only is this going to help murder more innocents, but how is sending our tax dollars to help fund abortions overseas going to help our economy?