Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Fever!

I'm S.O. wrapped up in the Olympic games, but took a moment to peek on line for news of my sister's arrival to Paraguay. Praise His Name, the family is there safe and happy! We had a busy but wonderful weekend. Photos later!

I am experiencing "Olympic withdrawal" at the moment due to taking time out from watching and cheering so that some very necessary errands could be completed around the house. (Changing the bedding, washing all of it, including mattress covers, vacuuming my mattresses, flipping the mattresses, walking and exercise routine, helping Agustin in the yard, paying bills, misc.)

Now I'm off to cook supper! So I can hurry and clean up the kitchen and watch
Mr. Michael Phelps do it again!!! Go U.S.A. !!! I'm so happy our President and his sweet wife are there in Beijing to show support our athletes. I'm also very pleased to sense a more humble, kind men's basketball team this time around!

But first I thought I'd leave you with a couple of my favorite quotes and ask you to guess who said them. Just leave your answer in your comment if you feel so inclined to play along!

"It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible."
-by ???
"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing,"
-by ???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are great quotes... all I can say, is I think the 2nd quote was maybe one of the Founding Fathers?

I love the Olympics, too!! I get all excited when I hear that music, and it makes me want to get out there and swim and run again!!

Deborah said...

Great quotes...so true!
If you have a moment away from the Olympics, come a check out my Giveaway!

Thursday's Child said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the Games. We didn't get dish this summer since I didn't want us tied to the TV. The downside to that is no Olympics. Oh, well. I'm not a big sports fan anyway. And I never manage to catch the ones I enjoy watching anyway. LOL

Have fun, habibti!

Anonymous said...

Hello ----great to hear you are alive and kicking---we are enjoying the Olympics, too (the time diff can kill you tho!!)

The first quote can be attributed to George Washington....

and the second (I cheated---although familiar with the quote, Sir Edmund Burke, a parlimentary orator and political statesman 1765-1795!!

Great words of wisdom--thanks for sharing and spurning our minds to think!!

((((hugs)))

Susan said...

I don't know who said them Pam but both are really true.
Susan

Mishel said...

Enjoyed the quotes, but not sure who said them.

And we LOVE the Olympics too!! : )