Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wanna Learn More About Me?


I've been seeing this "get to know me better" post over around bloggityville alot lately. I finally feel like I have a little time to participate. So here goes:
**************************************************************************
ACCENT - A little southern, but when I visit my relatives in West Virginia, I turn that southern accent into pure country Y'all!!

DRINK - As in my favorite drink? or do I drink? I don't drink alcohol, but must have my one cup of coffee with cream each morning. I usually order water with lemon when we eat out, but once in awhile, I splurge on Diet Coke. We only drink cokes at home if it's pizza night or a party!

CHORE I HATE - Ironing! I used to enjoy it and feel as though I were relaxing while doing it, but for the past few years, due to the RA, I just don't enjoy it anymore. It hurts!

PETS - None right now, but we've had our share in the past. Especially doggies.

ESSENTIAL ELECTRONICS - My DELL Computer and digital camera!

PERFUME - HUGO BOSS - Deep Red

GOLD or SILVER - I like them both. It just depends on what I'm wearing.

INSOMNIA - YES! and it makes me so mad. I am experiencing it less now that some health issues are being resolved and I'm on new medications.

JOB TITLE - Wife and Mom right now ,which is the best title any woman could own. However, I have had some different job titles in the past such as: Customer Service Manager, Nanny, Kindergarten teacher, Elementary teacher, High School Spanish teacher, Church Secretary, Home Day Care Owner.

MOST ADMIRED TRAIT - Compassion

KIDS -2 sons. My 20 year old is out of the house and quite a remarkable man, the other is almost 10 and my daily dose of sunshine!

PHOBIA - Big Floridian Palmetto Bugs! And anything else that is creepy and crawly, Heights rank high as a phobia as well.

RELIGION - I'm not religious but I do have a personal relationship with Christ, my Saviour! My denomination is Baptist with a capital B! LOL

SIBLINGS - I am the eldest of 3. When I was 5, along came my sis. When she was 2 months old my mom became pregnant again! Mom went from one extreme to the other in terms of spacing her pregnancies.

TIME I WAKE UP - Wake up or Get up? LOL I wake up sometime near lunch but I get up around 8 a.m. on most days. For me, it really depends on how my RA is behaving on any certain day. If I've spent a night awake, wrestling with pain, I will sleep most of the morning.

UNUSUAL TALENT/SKILL - I can categorize smells. I have an unwritten catalogue of smells in my brain. Just ask my Brother in Law, Yekwana Man.

VEGETABLE - I HATE - Beets

MY FAVORITE MEAL - Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, my mom's green beans, biscuits, and my banana pudding. That's heaven right there!

******************************************************************************
That's it for me. I hope I didn't bore you too much. Have a blessed day!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam, that was very fun! If I were to meet you in person I'm sure you would look beautiful, smell great, sound interesting with your accent, and we would sit down to a great meal and have sweet fellowship together.

Thanks for sharing about yourself. I hope you are feeling better and I will think of you and be praying for you as I relax at home this morning.

Susan said...

I always enjoy reading these and learning a little more about the blogger.
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

Didn't bore me at all. I love learning new things about my blog friends.

I love that you don't like beets. Me either it is the bloody look that bothers me!!!

~~Deby said...

great post..friend..I am in the middle of doing that 100 things about me for my 100th post...man it is rough....
yesterday's post was a giggle too..I could just see you.....
Deby

Tammy said...

Hi...I followed a link over here from Justabeachkat...

I'm so glad to meet ya...I'm Ky Southern myself...living in Ohio now so every time I open my mouth I stand out as different...lol!

Kat mentioned a biopsy...and I hope all is well with you!
:)

Rita Loca said...

Wow.

I didn't know you could categorize smells.

HAHA!!!

Rita Loca said...

That was actually Jayde.

~*♥Verja♥*~ said...

Wow.

I didn't know you could categorize smells.

HAHA!!!!

Justabeachkat said...

Loved learning even more about you.

Hope you get a restful night :-)

Hugs!
Kat

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Thanks for sharing this list!

Kelli said...

What great answers, Pam!!

Kelli

Rita Loca said...

I, the real Jungle Mom, did know of your smell categorizing ability!

Mishel said...

This was so much fun to read! I love Diet Coke, but don't drink it too often either--like you, when we eat out I will order water with lemon. And like your family, if we are having pizza, then we must have soda. : )

I've been praying for you!!! Hugs!!!

TO BECOME said...

As I read more about you, I started thinking I have met this person before and then I realized it was ME.lol We are more alike than I realized. Hope you don't mind me saying that. Good to know you even better. Thank you. connie from texas

Jodi said...

Pam ~ Never boring! That was great fun to read. I'm with you on the beets . . . they just taste like *dirt* to me!! [Um ~ not that I've ever actually *tasted* dirt! ;o)]

I know I've not been commenting a lot, but I've been reading and am praying for you. You have more fun getting a biopsy than anyone I've ever met! :o) Lifting you up in prayer even now that the results will be nothing serious. May the Lord fill you with peace today as you await those finding. Hugs my friend.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Very interesting. I love reading things about other bloggers...thanks for sharing!

Jackie said...

I just read your poem for Fourth and I'm laughing!! I love the way you used "or-ner-y" Way to make a word fit! LOL

Anonymous said...

Pam,
do you cook your green beans to death with bacon? :o) My mom is from Arkansas and that is how they cook their green beans...yummy good!

Baptist Girl said...

fried chicken, mash potatoes, gravy biscuits, oh my goodness you are making me hungry. I love corn iwth mine..that is my favorite meal. My mom and grand mother would make the chicken with cracker crumbs and ohhh by did I enjoy it. It is nice to get to know folks on the web, someday all us beleivers will be able to get to meet each other and I am so looking forward to that.

I watch this cooking show as much as I can. in fact my daycare kids were watching it with me sometimes. They love the lady that hosts the show and everytime she comes on, all my day care kids will yell out Howdy Y"all! Im sure you have heard of her Paula Deen, I just love her show! You a real sweet lady Pam and I am so glad to get to know you a little better!

Cristina

M.J. said...

How do you categorize smells?!?!? What kind of category's are their? By the way...your favorite meal has made me hungry!

Lori said...

Loved reading and learning more about you. This was a fun one. I may have to try it. When I find time to post...I haven't found much time lately.

I will pray for your health issues and hope you get to feeling better.

I am sick now too with a head cold. It is miserable.

groovyoldlady said...

One day my mom and I went went to Rock Springs in FL for a little fun and sun (I grew up in FL). We came home and dumped all our gear on the ground. Out crawled the world's gigantic-est mondo huge palmetto bug.

I screamed.

Mom screamed.

"Get the Raid!! Get the Raid!!"

We chased that sucker all across the house, spraying Raid and screaming the whole time. He did finally die, but we had to evacuate for the rest of the evening due to the fumes.