Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Feel the Love!

I just had to take a minute to thank all you wonderful people for your words of encouragement concerning my son Josh. It has been such a blessing to read your comments left on my post entitled, "Joshua's Journey," over and over. I have read many scriptures that have helped me focus on the next step. I know God, my loving heavenly Father cares about all this. I mustn't worry about Josh, but simply trust him to walk in the Father's ways. It also helped me to hear that many of you have children struggling with the college issue as well. I no longer feel alone or feel like I have failed Josh. I know the journey continues, but for now, I'm quite content in letting my son be himself.

On another note: Today was busy!

Started out right with prayer and Bible reading.

I stripped Shane's bed all the way down to the dust ruffle. Washed his mattress pad, dust ruffle, sheets, pillow cases, and the comforter. His bed in now back together and I love getting a waft of Downy when I walk in there.

Here is Shane reading on his clean bed!

I did loads of business phone calls and got many things accomplished that just don't show up at the end of the day. You know, the kind of things you can scratch off your to do list knowing you took care of them and can rest easy in that feeling.

My neighbor came over with gifts for us from Columbia, her home country. We had a nice visit.

Then of course, I did all the housewifery things such as cooking, cleaning kitchen, other laundry besides the bedding, scrubbed stove top. (Oven remains to be done)

Walked for 30 minutes.

Came home not feeling well from my walk, around 7:30. I was feeling kind of weak before I walked and worse afterwards. I tested my blood sugar, which was a little low for me considering I had already eaten supper. I ate an apple with a small glass of milk and started flipping through the TV channels. I came across "The Princess Diaries" which is such a cute movie. My hubby watched the entire movie with me while Shane built a mall on the computer. "Mall Tycoon" is the name of the game he played. Every once in awhile, he would come out of the office into the family room and announce his accomplishments in the game; such as: "I haven't even opened my new mall yet and I already have 132 customers!" or "I have lots of stores open. I am some business man!" Then later he said he forgot to outfit his mall with trash cans so it became one trashy mall! okay, now back to the movie! Agustin and I had both seen it before, but for some reason it grabbed our attention again tonight. I think we have been under some stress lately and our minds just needed an escape. Living in a household with 3 men, I hardly ever get to see "chick flicks" or "girlie movies" so this was a treat for me!

I prayed with and then read to Shane from our current chapter book. We read each night as he falls to sleep.

I ironed 2 of Shane's shirts, 1 of my blouses, 3 pairs of Agustin's dress pants, 2 of Agustin's dress shirts, and one pillowcase.

I have blogged and now am off to bed, as it is almost 2 a.m. here! YIKES! And I have a big day tomorrow.

Nighty Night!

13 comments:

Susan said...

One of the many great things about blogging and being Christians. We can rejoice with those that rejoice, weep with those that weep, and hold each other up in varies issues of life, and most importantly, prayer for each other!!
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

I am so glad to read that you and yours go through similar things that I do!

I too love the Downy fresh smell.Its so wonderful. You were busy...busy!!

I really am glad that you got to have time to watch a 'chick flick', I love this time to cry and enjoy and laugh without all the violence, and tough stuff.

candy said...

Pam, your so sweet that I wanna call you Pammy :) I just love ya! I bet alot of ladies reading your blog would love to know you in person. There is just this sweetness and realness from you. I really think your great.

Candy

Anonymous said...

next time i visit my father (lives in orlando) i'm knockin' on your door for a visit. just so's ya know. ;o)

Lyndy said...

My goodness girl you had a full day. I pray you are feeling better.

Oh I just love smelling Downy...so wonderful...especially on sheets.

Hugs, Lyndy

Kelli said...

You had a very productive day, Pam! I enjoyed reading about it!
Hugs,
Kelli

Ruth said...

WOW!! You've been a busy woman!! I am impressed with what you accomplished.

I also love Downy and Princess Diaries.

Kristi said...

Wow, I got tired just reading everything you've been up to. LOL

~Kristi

Dawn said...

What a very busy day you've had! Thanks so much for coming over from Groovylady. I love having new visitors and new cyber friends!

I read your post about your son and the college issue. My son is a returned prodigal and is just now, at age 30, beginning his junior year of college. Throughout his drug addicted days, he maintained 3.5-3.7 gpa, but was so messed up. You can read about it on my sidebar links, if you care to. I work with graduate students as my job, and I daily encourage people not to go to grad school until they've had some time in the work place, and not to go directly from undergrad. If I had a chance, I would also encourage high school kids to stay out of college for awhile, if they want to. I've probably not been very popular with parents sometimes for that. If it weren't for insurance issues, I think it would be a very good idea to do what they do in England - nobody goes to college right out of high school. Go Josh! Do what is right of you at this time in your life. It's not as if you will never go to school if you don't do it right now. There, nuff said!

Anonymous said...

I love days like these!!! =) Your son looks so content on his clean bed, and isn't it fun when they are enjoying an activity so much that they have to keep coming out to update you on the details!! I think my kids would love that game. =)

Abouna said...

I would have gladly traded my day with yours, at least you got something accomplished. I spent 5 and a half hours on the phone between Medicare and Blue Cross Excellus trying to straighten out a mess that they both caused. It involved my prescription drug coverage, Medicare and Medigap coverage. After all of that run-a-round, nothing got resolved, so I have to start all over again tomorrow.

At this point all I know is that if I want prescription coverage, I cannot afford an HMO or Medigap (which would pick up what Medicare doesn't cover) which means that I could be forced into bankruptcy If I need any special testing or have an in hospital stay. If I want the HMO or Medigap, I can't afford the Drug coverage which means no prescriptions. Caught between a rock and hard place.

Give me the cleaning, cooking and laundry any day.

Justabeachkat said...

Doesn't it feel good when you can look back and see just how much you've accomplished? So glad your day was good.

Hugs and sweet dreams!
Kat

Mishel said...

I washed bedding today too! : ) And good for you for getting your walk in!