Monday, July 09, 2007

Monday's Random Musings

First things first! I must give a shout out to my sister and her husband because today is their wedding anniversary! So---

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JUNGLE MOM AND YEKWANA MAN!!!






Next, I must let you know that reality has set in for Agustin! About a half hour ago, I saw him off to his first day back at work after vacation! He was gone to Mexico until last Thursday, then had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with me at home. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Shane has gone to Orlando with his brother and another family. It was supposed to be for Friday evening through today. Sunday we received a call from our friends, telling us that their daughter ran a fever Saturday. A trip to the Dr. on Sunday revealed an inner ear infection. The day to be spent at 2 of the parks has been put off until later in the week, hoping Alex can ride the rides without balance problems or PAIN! They wanted to know if we would mind Shane staying with them until Wednesday or Thursday, at which time they think their daughter' s anti-biotic will have taken effect. Josh already called his Uncle John, whom he works, for to see if the construction crew could do without him a couple of extra days. He was delighted to be told "Sure! No problem!" I'm glad the boys are with a kind, very generous and Christian family, but oh how I miss them!


Agustin and I ate out each day, since it has just been he and I. Friday evening,we hit the steakhouse, (you all saw that delicious food in my prior post!), Saturday was Mexican food at Las Vallarta's! ( Even though hubby had just had a week's worth of authentic Mexican food, he really wanted Vallarta's), then Sunday after church, we ate at Red Lobster. Wanna know the best part about that? It was FREE!!! It is the neighboring restaurant to the Olive Garden where my sweet hubby works. He knows the manager of that Red Lobster and the manager knows my hubby. They "take care" of each other when one visits the other's restaurant! So all we had to pay was the tip! We always leave an extra generous tip for the server when our meal is free, so I think we were all winners yesterday!


Yesterday, both of our church services were awesome! The A.M. service was patriotic. Before the sermon, a video presentation done by Heartland Baptist Bible College was shown. It honored the military and was a real tear jerker, with the theme song being "It Has Always Been the Soldier"! Then Pastor preached a sermon entitled: "Freedom Isn't Free".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I:

*Walked 4 blocks. (I know that doesn't sound like much, but in this hot, hubby Florida heat, it's about all I can do right now!)

*Read my Bible

*Ate breakfast

*Called to make appointment with a general surgeon, due to results of mammogram and ultra sound both showing a nodule

*Called To have copy of mammogram and sonogram sent to general surgeon's office

*Called my primary care physician to request they fax a copy of my blood work results to my surgeon's office

*Wrote in and sent out 2 Get Well Cards

*Wrote in and prepared for mail a note of encouragement to my son Josh

*Paid 2 bills (one on line and mailed the other)

*Cooked a late, hot lunch for hubby and I before seeing him off to work

*Ironed 4 Chef's coats and 2 dress shirts

*Read lots of emails ( I haven't signed on to the Internet in awhile)

* Blogged!!! Posted this and read many

I still have lots to do, so I must sign off for now! I trust your week is filled with good things and that you recognize each and every blessing which comes your way from our Father God.

******************************************************************************
Edited @ 11:10 p.m.
I am ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING!!! Did anyone else catch my huge error on the first item of my list? In place of " hot muggy" I typed "hot hubby"!!! I can't believe you all were so kind as not to mention it in your comments! It sure gave me a big ol' laugh just now!

20 comments:

Theresa's Notes said...

Wow, looks like you have had a busy day. Don't over do yourself now :)

Rita Loca said...

AW!! What a lovely sister!LOL!!!

Pen of Jen said...

I think that someone is very busy..blessed...loved...and a great wife, sister, and mother.

Have a great time catching up!
Jen

Kristi said...

Hey, hope your boy is back soon. He's really been living up lately, huh? Ahhh, the life of a kid! LOL

Keep us updated on your tests, OK?

Love ya,
~Kristi

Jackie said...

Thanks for the post...4 blocks! Better than I did today! WOO! Go Tia!!

Lyndy said...

Girlfriend,

I am so glad you got to enjoy some time with your hubby. Wow 4 blocks that makes me hot thinking about it…you go girl. I know with your normal pain that is quite an accomplishment.

So are you going to have a biopsy done and have you had this before? My mom has had it several times but it is never fun. Praying for you.

Off to Rita’s to wish them a Happy Anniversary.

Love and Hugs, Lyndy

TO BECOME said...

It sounds like you have had a wonderful time and one full of memories. I hope you have a very good week and your son is home soon. connie from Texas

~~Deby said...

nice time with your hubby...or muggy...LOL....
next week mine is off and we are doing home improvements...or should I say HE is...and I will be his helper here and there...but will love every minute with him.
Deby

Pen of Jen said...

Hey I like the hot hubby, lets me still know that you love him!!

Hey come over to either of my blogs(below the caption contest) and see what I wrote about you!!!
You Rock!

Sis. Julie said...

Oh trust me....I noticed the hot hubby right off!! It made me chuckle for sure. You were sharing your thoughts without even realizing it weren't you? LOL!! We know who was on your mind when you were typing that post.

So you've been able to get out and walk. That is great!! My hubby can't do that. His feet are killing him something awful lately. Plus he just isn't sure he'd be able to walk for long without giving out. He went soulwinning the other day and they knocked on 15 houses and he couldn't hardly move when they got back home.

Glad to hear you're doing so well and getting so much accomplished.

Love you Sis....Sis. Julie

Word Warrior said...

Just wanted to let you know I appreciate your comment on my blog...it's so encouraging to meet all you like-minded women out there!!!

I'll have to visit here--in my spare time :-)...you seem quite a delight!

Disney for Boys said...

Fantastic, productive day!!! Great job getting in your walking too. I dont dare go out to walk, I would faint for sure! The heat and humidity would do me in LOL

Baptist Girl said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO RITA AND YEKEWANA MAN!

*Called to make appointment with a general surgeon, due to results of mammogram and ultra sound both showing a nodule

Will be praying..


I am so glad to to see you have alone time with hubby, always prescious mommemts.

Everytime I come, I think to myself how does this girl keep up????

And I agree freedom is not free..theres is always a cost.

Cristina

Kelli said...

You got a lot accomplished today, good for you!! LOL about the typo!! Happy Anniversary to your sister, what a lovely couple!
Kelli

Justabeachkat said...

Pam

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. Come again anytime. You're always welcome. In answer to your question about the paint color in my hallway. It's called Wilmington Tan HC-34. We used both Benjamin Moore and Pittsburg Paint and I can't remember which one this was. I guess just call both places and see which one has this color.

I'm sorry to hear about your mammogram. I'm a breast cancer survivor and I know how scary this all can be. I'll pray for you. Keep faith. I have a list of healing scriptures that really helped me and I would be happy to share them with you if you'd like me to e-mail them to you.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee, was that a Freudian slip, Pam?! I actually did not notice till you mentioned it, but it's a very cute mistake. Too funny!!! =)

You really have been busy and accomplished so much!! Boy, I wish I had someone to hook me up with free Red Lobster and Olive Garden, YUMMY!!!! We eat out a lot when it's just the two of us, and Red Lobster is our favorite!!

Mishel said...

No, I didn't catch the hot hubby! That is too funny! Sounds like something I would do! : )

I am assuming you are having a biopsy done? Will you let us know when, so we can pray?

I am so glad you had a great weekend--and lots of time with your hubby.

Hugs to you!!

Anonymous said...

Just got to read this---yes, I caught it, but thot you were home alone....LOL


You are one busy lady---I know the "catch up mode"....I am there!!

Rebecca said...

Let us know how this breast thing goes. I'll be praying for you.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Busy, busy, busy!

Hope your Dr. appointments turn out ok. Scary stuff!

Eating out sounds glorious...especially a free one!