Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Who Knew??

Elizabeth over at A Biblical Home and Lyndy at Oh Fiddle Dee Dee then Luvvom at Sarah's Journal have each honored me with the Reflective Blogger award. I feel so honored that I was one of their choices. What an encouragement! My first response when I saw that I had been mentioned by each of these blogging friends was : "WHO?? ME REFLECTIVE??" Then as I looked back over my posts, I can see where I may reflect quite often on my life and family and my God. So thanks girls for putting a new purpose into my blogging!

The purpose of the award is as follows:



"The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you."
Elizabeth said:
"Pam at Midnight Musings. I love reading about the various adventures of this godly woman. Read this post to learn about her." (I count this quite an awesome compliment Elizabeth!)



Next, Lyndy said this about me:
"Pam at Midnight Musings is from sunny Florida and I am so proud to call her my friend. She is a wife and a mom and the only girl in a house of men. She inspires and encourages me. She, like my mom deals with a lot of pain but she still manages to be an inspiration and unlike me, does not throw herself pity parties. She handles her lot in life with amazing grace and humor."
Lyndy also said this today:
"Pam at Midnight Musings is from sunny Florida. Wife to one husband and mom to two incredible young men. Pam never fails to inspire me and has such a wonderful positive attitude. I have never met Pam but she has such a humorous personality that I bet we would laugh like school girls, if we ever got together." (I think we would too, Miss Lyndy!)


Luvvom included this about me:
"Midnight Musings - I enjoy reading Pam's blog. She reminds me of my aunt in that she is very dramatic and exciting and funny. She always puts a smile on my face. She is very family oriented and loves God." (I'm so happy you can leave my blog with a smile. Your aunt must be one awesome lady!)

Girls, I'll never live up to those wonderful compliments. I am so humbled by each of you and don't see myself in those descriptions at all. I must give God all the glory if any of you see those virtues in me. AMEN!

So now I have the privilege of naming five bloggity friends whom I want to honor as reflective bloggers. Boy, this is going to be difficult for me, but I must try! Also, know that it goes without saying that I believe my sister's blog "The Jungle Hut" would be my first choice! Then of course, Jackie's, Clint's Pen of Jen's, Connie's, Susan's (penless), Mishel's and so many more of my daily reads. Here goes!


1. Kim at Home Sweet Home doesn't have the opportunity to blog as often as some of us, but when she does, she always has a reflective thought and biblical principle to add to whatever is going on in her life. She is a devoted wife to a Mr. Command Man and a loving mother to 3 very sweet and talented daughters. We attend church together and usually sit together. She has been a real encouragement to me this past year.

2. Ashley at Simplicity is one of the sweetest and bubbliest 17 year olds I know. She has a natural talent for writing and draws you right into her posts. I love reading her blog, since lately it is mostly about my son, Josh! *smiles and winks* Seriously though, this young lady can be quite reflective and articulate in sharing what God is doing in her life. She is Kim's middle daughter.

3. Jayde at Pink and Black Jungle Bunny is my almost 13 year old niece and what a natural little blogger she is! She is endearing and comical, but yet can be ever so reflective on the things going on around her and of God working in her life. She has a real passion for souls and writes beautiful poetry. She can also sing like an angel!

4. Pat at Moments In Time is a REAL LIFE friend of mine, as is Kim. Pat also attends the same church as I do. She is a wonderful mother who seems to know "everything"! I mean it you all! I can ask her anything and she has an answer or a resource concerning it. She is a very busy lady who has homeschooled all 5 of her children while helping her husband run a successful business. She has been a wonderful mentor to me over this past year. She doesn't blog quite as often as I'd like for her too, but when she does, she has wonderful nuggets to cause you to reflect on God and his workings.

5. Kristi at Thimble Thoughts is so much fun! She is very busy in her church which has some really neat ministries and outreach programs. She also homeschools and has a blast with her kids. Her love for her hubby Bruce shines through her posts. She can cover amazing truths from God and His Word with humor.

23 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Congratulations on your award!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

My aunt is awesome, although, she is getting very old and is slowing down a bit. :o) Still very funny and still writes! I think the funniest post you wrote was about you and your niece. There was a picture of you two and you thought your head was big. You used the words "good gravy"! LOL! Now I say that all the time!

Rita Loca said...

Congratulations!!!

Kristi said...

Congratulations on your award and
Awwwww, I am so honored!! How sweet of you. That made my day and brought tears to my eyes that someone is blessed by my blog. Thank you so much, Pam.
I have so many wonderful blogs I read that I don't know if I can get away with just five!! We'll see.
(((((HUGS)))))

~Kristi

Susan said...

Congratulations Pat!!!! I check in on you each time and enjoy your posts.
Susan

Abouna said...

Pam, just wanted to let you know that I am still around. I have been extremely busy lately trying to keep Munchkin going. She is eating less and less and has lost so much weight. Then to top things off, my car went on the fritz. One of my sons is working on it at this very moment. I am also caught up in a spree of weddings.

So I hope to get back to some regular visits soon.

Lyndy said...

Girlfriend you are so deserving. Enjoy!

Hugs, Lyndy

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Congratulations!

WomanHonorThyself said...

congrads hun and thanks so much for visitin my site..PLEASE come often!!!

Lori said...

Congrats on your award.
I agree you are a sweet, inspiring, uplifting person.
I enjoy your blog.

Ashley said...

wow, me reflective? Thanks! I never would have guessed it!! But I'm glad just the same!!

But you do deserve that award! Your blog is so insightful, but at the same time so personal! I mean, I know you already(duh!)but I know that you even let people across the world get to know you by your blog! You invite people itno your life! I love it!

Ruth said...

Oh, congrats on your award!! How awesome.

Susie said...

Hi Pat,
Congratulations on your award. Just wanted to stop in and return your visit!!
I've bookmarked your site to return when I have a bit more time to browse. I love what I've seen of you on my brief visit!
:)

Pen of Jen said...

Pam...I have been shortstopped(FYI we used to say shortstop at the dinner table if someone asked for something, and we wanted it first!).

I have been awarded this twice and have not have had a chance to post any yet, so I was going to pick you!!

You so deserve this! Thanks for being such an awesome blogger! You are wonderful!
Jen

Kelli said...

Congratulations, Pam! I am always blessed by my visit here at your place!
Hugs,
Kelli

Kristi said...

Pam, I just did my award post if you wanna check it out. :)

~Kristi

Tina said...

Hi Pam, I haven't been around in a while, but I agree; you deserve it!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How wonderful.

Mishel said...

Woohoo!! Congrats dear friend!! Tons of hugs to you! : )

TO BECOME said...

I am so happy for you, Pam. I agree with all that has been said about you. You are a special blessing to me. I really like all your choices also. God bless you. connie from Texas

HsKubes said...

Congratulations. I sure enjoy visiting you. ;o)
I look forward to visiting the others that you mentioned.

~ Christina

Anonymous said...

Pam: I am tagging you to do the Q&A on my blog!!

Love n hugs!!

groovyoldlady said...

You deserve the award, Deary!