Elizabeth over at A Biblical Home and Lyndy at Oh Fiddle Dee Dee then Luvvom at Sarah's Journal have each honored me with the Reflective Blogger award. I feel so honored that I was one of their choices. What an encouragement! My first response when I saw that I had been mentioned by each of these blogging friends was : "WHO?? ME REFLECTIVE??" Then as I looked back over my posts, I can see where I may reflect quite often on my life and family and my God. So thanks girls for putting a new purpose into my blogging!
The purpose of the award is as follows:
"The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you."
"Pam at Midnight Musings. I love reading about the various adventures of this godly woman. Read this post to learn about her." (I count this quite an awesome compliment Elizabeth!)
Next, Lyndy said this about me:
"Pam at Midnight Musings is from sunny Florida and I am so proud to call her my friend. She is a wife and a mom and the only girl in a house of men. She inspires and encourages me. She, like my mom deals with a lot of pain but she still manages to be an inspiration and unlike me, does not throw herself pity parties. She handles her lot in life with amazing grace and humor."
Lyndy also said this today:
"Pam at Midnight Musings is from sunny Florida. Wife to one husband and mom to two incredible young men. Pam never fails to inspire me and has such a wonderful positive attitude. I have never met Pam but she has such a humorous personality that I bet we would laugh like school girls, if we ever got together." (I think we would too, Miss Lyndy!)
Luvvom included this about me:
"Midnight Musings - I enjoy reading Pam's blog. She reminds me of my aunt in that she is very dramatic and exciting and funny. She always puts a smile on my face. She is very family oriented and loves God." (I'm so happy you can leave my blog with a smile. Your aunt must be one awesome lady!)
Girls, I'll never live up to those wonderful compliments. I am so humbled by each of you and don't see myself in those descriptions at all. I must give God all the glory if any of you see those virtues in me. AMEN!
So now I have the privilege of naming five bloggity friends whom I want to honor as reflective bloggers. Boy, this is going to be difficult for me, but I must try! Also, know that it goes without saying that I believe my sister's blog "The Jungle Hut" would be my first choice! Then of course, Jackie's, Clint's Pen of Jen's, Connie's, Susan's (penless), Mishel's and so many more of my daily reads. Here goes!
1. Kim at Home Sweet Home doesn't have the opportunity to blog as often as some of us, but when she does, she always has a reflective thought and biblical principle to add to whatever is going on in her life. She is a devoted wife to a Mr. Command Man and a loving mother to 3 very sweet and talented daughters. We attend church together and usually sit together. She has been a real encouragement to me this past year.
2. Ashley at Simplicity is one of the sweetest and bubbliest 17 year olds I know. She has a natural talent for writing and draws you right into her posts. I love reading her blog, since lately it is mostly about my son, Josh! *smiles and winks* Seriously though, this young lady can be quite reflective and articulate in sharing what God is doing in her life. She is Kim's middle daughter.
3. Jayde at Pink and Black Jungle Bunny is my almost 13 year old niece and what a natural little blogger she is! She is endearing and comical, but yet can be ever so reflective on the things going on around her and of God working in her life. She has a real passion for souls and writes beautiful poetry. She can also sing like an angel!
4. Pat at Moments In Time is a REAL LIFE friend of mine, as is Kim. Pat also attends the same church as I do. She is a wonderful mother who seems to know "everything"! I mean it you all! I can ask her anything and she has an answer or a resource concerning it. She is a very busy lady who has homeschooled all 5 of her children while helping her husband run a successful business. She has been a wonderful mentor to me over this past year. She doesn't blog quite as often as I'd like for her too, but when she does, she has wonderful nuggets to cause you to reflect on God and his workings.
5. Kristi at Thimble Thoughts is so much fun! She is very busy in her church which has some really neat ministries and outreach programs. She also homeschools and has a blast with her kids. Her love for her hubby Bruce shines through her posts. She can cover amazing truths from God and His Word with humor.