Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday's Show and Tell



For this week's Show and Tell, I'd like to share about the very special award Shane received Wednesday night. (May 21,2008) This made two consecutive years, and boy-oh, is this mama proud! The photo shows him holding last year's medal and wearing this year's.
This was taken about 3 weeks ago right before a Patch program for Sunday night service in which Shane his first solo part at this particular church. He did great!
A fun, little newspaper article I wrote about Shane's solo performance. (Click to enlarge)



He came up to me after being dismissed from his Patch Club Wednesday night. I was standing between the pews, speaking with old friends who are down from Ohio for their grand-daughter's graduation. His rosy, red face was all smiles and his eyes were just a dancin' as he announced in a jubilant voice, "Mom, look, two years in a row!" I saw it right away. Around his neck was the "Super Sailor of the Year" medal which is awarded at the end of each year to one girl and one boy who have shown a consistent testimony and giving spirit. I teared up of course as I paused my conversation and congratulated him with a big bear hug and words of praise. Our friends were very encouraging to him as well with their words and with Grandpa Bill giving him a high five!
We couldn't wait to get home to see if dad had returned from work yet. He had gotten home, which allowed Shane to spill his happy news right away. We made sure to have a conversation concerning how important it is to continue in the right paths and to maintain a strong, Christian testimony, not for earthly awards alone, but more importantly, awards in heaven! We also stressed how God blesses obedience and he was on the right path.
Agustin and I thought it very important to stress how much we pray for Shane and how we feel so very blessed that God saw fit to award us a special gift by bringing him into our lives. It was a great night of bonding.
If you think of Shane during the day, would you mind lifting his name up in prayer to the Father, asking that he would always have a heart for God? I appreciate that so very much.
Show and Tell
As always, I'd like to invite you to click HERE TO VISIT KELLI'S BLOG for the current list of new and fresh show and tell posts. Have fun surfing!

15 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Just awesome!!! Yes!!! I would be a proud mama too!!!! You have every right.

My Show n Tell is bone china cardinals this week. And especially a favorite...a cardinal music box.

The show n tell is following a set of photos of a tornado that ripped through where my nephew lives!!! I had to post those first since it's family!! So, scroll down.

Happy weekend, and for the Americans, have a safe holiday!

Susan said...

THESE are medals of honor. I am so happy for you, your husband & Shane!!! God looks at the heart. Your son is a reflection of your heart, Pam!!!! And you are a reflection of Father God's heart!!!
((hugs))
Susan

Rita Loca said...

Congrats and he is a great little guy! So proud of him!!
Were headed home tonight!

Paula said...

Whoo-hoo! Praise the Lord! :)

LBP said...

Yay! Congratulations, that is wonderful! You deserve to be proud of Shane.

Blessings

Linda

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PROUD---and I believe the prayer request is for ALL our children---to have a heart for th eLord and to seek His work and to show His love to others!!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Well deserved proud mother! Congrats to you and your son! :)
~Rhonda

Mary said...

Please tell your son that he has much to be proud of and so do you. This is an amazing testimony to his spiritual health.

Blessings,
Mary

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh my goodness. I haven't heard about Patch the Pirate since my kids were little. I had all his songs memorized. Sharing...that's what Christians do...I still use that when the grandkids come over. Congratulations to your son. I know you are very happy!

Deborah said...

Congratulations to Shane!

Unknown said...

wow !!! way cool !!! and I would be just as proud... what a blessing and honor indeed !!! Thanks for stopping by my place.. hope to see you again. Mica

Thursday's Child said...

Mabruk, Shane!

Constance said...

Our son likewise has a real heart for God. He'll be 18 this year and I know God has something special planned for his life. Don't you just love it when you see our children going down the right path and see them discovering God's truths?! There's no greater blessing we could have in our lives! Way to go Shane!
Connie

Kristi said...

Congratulations, Shane!!!! That is a great award and I love the newspaper article.

~Mrs. Kristi

Kelli said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to Shane, what a blessing he is!
~Kelli