Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Wonderful Mother's Day

You can use most any measure when you're speaking of success. You can measure it in fancy homes, expensive car or dress. But the measure of your real success is one you cannot spend -- It's the way your child describes you when talking to a friend.
Martin Buxbaum

Don't you just love that quote above? Having taught school for more than 16 years, I've heard some of the cutest things about mommies! Here are a couple of the ways my boys have described me when they were younger. Shane always told me and others that I smell good and Josh would always describe me as soft and squishy to hug! Now is that last one a compliment or what!? LOL

I know I'm late as usual, but here are some photos from my super-fabulous Mother's Day of May 2008!.


Hubby took me to dinner at this great new, southwestern grill. I ordered "Juanita's Fajita Salad" and boy oh, was it delish! Why did he take me at night? One of his busiest days at the restaurant is Mother's Day. He ALWAYS has to work that day, so he took me out to dinner a couple of nights before! Sweet huh?
Another part of his gift to me! He took me to one of my favorite places a few days before!




Shaney Pooh made his dad (asked his dad) to take him to Walgreen's Saturday night. He had remembered me commenting on this foot care package of Burt's Bees Products. Agustin said Shane was intent on getting this for me!

These little delights were included in my gift bag from Shane.


Shane just KNEW I'd love this little TY beanie baby bear. The ribbon she's wearing says, "Happy Mother's Day 2008".


The best gift of all - my Gummy Bear!


My newest little friend, Julia! She and her mom joined us at Olive Garden for a Mother's Day lunch. They then came by the house to visit. Julia had picked out these bath goodies for me at the new ULTA store which recently opened in our little town's new mall. Can't you just see how proud she is of her choices for me?

(I can't believe I forgot to put my jacket on before having this photo taken! Que pena!

That afternoon, my first born called me. A great ending to a great day!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the wings at Buffalos....the girls like the chicken tenders and cobb (southwestern ) salad!! #3 had the fajitas and said they were good! Plus, the sweet tea is good!!

Looks like a day fit for the QUEEN!!

Susan said...

You are loved!!! Really liked that quote.
Susan

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Pam, Looks like you had a wonderful mother's day! I quoted you on my blog today...from your organization post! Hope you don't mind! :)

I was disheartened to read your post about HFH and Planned Parenthood! I volunteer with a Christian local agency, that promotes life and offers aid to pregnant mothers. We try to demonstrate the Love of Christ, by providing them with assistance for their newborns, through donated items for babies.

~Rhonda

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
candy said...

Aw, thats awesome :) :)

Deborah said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day!

Teresa Maynard said...

Guess whose back? I've been swamped again by the yearbook. Happens every spring. I didn't have any real problems this year though. It's just a huge time eating project. Check out my latest updates. Pam, my font kept getting bigger and bigger, I couldn't change that??? Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Love the quote, makes me wonder how my kids talk about me...agh!

Sounds like you had a fantastic day and more!

Isn't it great to feel loved!

Justabeachkat said...

I love that quote...so true. Looks like a wonderful Mother's Day for a wonderful Mom.

Hugs!
Kat

~~Deby said...

Looks like a great day and great gifts to me....and now a Ulta in your area, love that place.
Deby

Mimi said...

what a wonderful mother's day you had. Your family really outdid themselves in making you feel special...
congratulations and Happy Belated Mother's Day...
Mimi

Rita Loca said...

You look like a queen!

Kristi said...

Sounds like ou had a great Mother's Day.

Shane is so cute!

~Kristi

Rebecca said...

Pam, I love that picture of you! You look so young and pretty!

Thursday's Child said...

There are a few Buffalo's here in Kuwait. One's even close to our house! I need to try the place. I think DH has been so maybe he'll be willing to take me on a date there. ;)

Teresa Maynard said...

I'm gonna have to find some of those sugar free Oreos---I've never heard of them.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I love that Burts Bees stuff! And I didn't know that they made sugar free Oreos...awesome.

Morgan said...

Beautiful pictures!!! It looks like you had a wonderful Mother's day. :) Thank you so much for the encouraging note on my blog; I was having a bad day and it helped me greatly. I hope you are having a great week, Miss Pam! God Bless...