Monday, May 26, 2008

Amen!!!

I absolutely LOVE the following quote!

"For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned."

--Benjamin Franklin

Oh the time I've wasted searching for that one piece of paper I didn't file right away, or that craft item I purchased and didn't put in my craft closet!



Organization is on my brain this week as I'm co-hosting a Bridal Shower for a very special someone here in my home this Friday evening. My desk is piled high and deep! Well, not as high and deep as week before last! I remember now that I hurriedly shoved some papers and catalogues in a drawer when I heard someone was coming over! Now that stack is still in that drawer and I have a new, fresh stack of paperwork to contend with crowding my mind this week. I'm not the type to normally hide and shove items in closets and drawers. I'm a firm believer of EVERYTHING MUST HAVE AN ASSIGNED PLACE AND EVERYONE MUST RETURN EVERYTHING TO ITS PLACE. I have some pretty shelves I want hung and some pictures I need to arrange but being the perfectionist that I am, (I'd like to be able to type "Recovered Perfectionist" here!) I leave stuff out, lying in a corner until I can put it in its proper place. I know it doesn't sound very perfectionistic, but if you observe most perfectionists, they are also great procrastinators! We don't want to attempt any projects until we are sure we have time to do them correctly and completely. Therefore, many things go undone, which can make us appear AND FEEL very unorganized! That drawer full of old mail and catalogues is heavy on my mind, so I'm now off to purge it! Maybe then I can sort through this fresh stuff on my desk before Friday night!

12 comments:

Rita Loca said...

LOL! One little drawer of mail??? I've been to your house chica...it's immaculate!

I refer to my decorateing style as 'nouveau neglecto'!!! :)

Jodi said...

LOL ~ I like Jungle Mom's decorating style. ;o)

I get very tense about piles of paper, so I can relate. Hosting a Bridal Shower sounds like a lot of fun. And you should plan something really fun for Saturday because the event will be over and your house will be spic-n-span! :o)

Justabeachkat said...

Oh girl, I know what you mean!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Your desk sounds like mine! Mine is just horrible. I wrote out a check to pay a bill and it got "lost" in the pile on my desk and a month later I received another bill...what a surprise that was! Yeah, I could do with some organization!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Pam, Great post! We are on the same wave length. I'm doing a post tomorrow on my craft closet I cleaned out! ...it must be "organization week!" I think you hit the nail on the head about perfectionist being procrastinators, leaving something out until they can do it perfectly! You are exactly right! LOL!

Hope your bridal shower goes well! ~Rhonda ;)

~~Deby said...

I am still deep in the project...and like you IF I can't do it right, and *perfect* I tend to put it off...not a good thing.
Also sometimes, the spirit is willing but the flesh is WEAK...oh can't wait to see pictures from the shower.
Deby
BTW, sure love Rita's style

Anonymous said...

Pam, I have never seen remnants of disorder in your home!!

Maybe you are more perfect than you give yourself credit for!!

(((hugs))))

See you on Friday morning!!

Mishel said...

I'm so with you! I've got a pile o'mail and junk just waiting for me to sort and toss--it's on my list of things to do today! We'll see if I get to it. ; )

CaraqueƱa said...

Don't you hate being a perfectionist?!

Susan said...

I think we all suffer from this. You'll do just fine and Friday night will be spectacular.
Susan

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I like to have everything organized too and it drives me nuts if it isn't! Love your quote!

Thursday's Child said...

Jungle Mom sounds like she's describing me. Although in recent years I've gotten better about it. Slightly.