Monday, January 05, 2009

"WE NEED EACH OTHER" in this New Year!

Below is a link to a "feel good" song which I posted with intentions to help us get our minds off the terrible things going on in our world these days. The video features one of my all time favorite singers - Ernie Haas. Or better known around our home as NERNIE! That was Shane's way of calling him. We were big fans of Ernie when he sang with a southern gospel group called 'The Cathedrals'. We attended so many concerts, I think Shane thought the quartet was part of our family. I want to post some cute photos of Ernie holding Shane, but I'd need to find them and scan them. It's late now and I must get to bed!

Listen to the little girl's comment at about 6 minutes in, so precious!

My thought for the new year: Let's all just try and get along!

WE NEED EACH OTHER

7 comments:

Paula said...

I bet we've been to some Cathedral's concerts at the same time. :)

TO BECOME said...

I loved the song. That used to be one of favorite groups.

Good thoughts for the New Year. Have a very good day. connie

Susan said...

I am totally optomistic about this year because I know God has great things in store for HIS PEOPLE, no matter what is going on with the rest of the world. Like the people of Goshen in the OT.
Susan

Joy said...

Thanks for linking to that video. That was a good one. Southern Gospel isn't as popular out here in Texas as it is in the Southeast. You rarely hear of it here. I miss it. I grew up on it.

We do need each other. That is for sure.

Joy

Kelly said...

Very good song! Thanks for sharing. We do need each other.

Z said...

Hi, Pam! Just thought I'd come by and say HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Your blog looks great!

GET ALONG? Who are you, RODNEY KING!? heh heh!
I wish they could GET ALONG in the Middle East!

xxx z (how's Joy get that heart on there? SO CUTE)

MightyMom said...

you want me to get along?? with who?? but that would ruin my cantankerous reputation!