Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's Right Around the Corner!

Thanksgiving is right around the corner! The holiday arrives a little earlier than usual due to the calendar - are you prepared? Be sure to follow these safety tips and guidelines to ensure a happy, healthy holiday meal.


Remember it is important to mix in a little activity with your turkey and pie. Consider having a family football game or scavenger hunt to get everyone moving. Even a group walk after dinner is a great way for everyone to get some physical activity - on Thanksgiving and every day! We live near a gorgeous county park with basketball and tennis courts, along with soccer fields galore and football fields. My favorite part of the park is the one and one half mile track around the perimeter. Most everyday, I walk three miles (2 laps). I hope to be able to get visiting family members motivated to join me at the park after the big meal! However, I've already told myself not to be terribly disappointed if my idea is met with growls of dismissal! LOL With this in mind, I'm going to rent THIS wonderful movie.

"Facing the Giants" is an inspirational movie of faith which I know my parents and brother will just love!



I've inlcuded some links below with turkey tips and coloring/activity sheets - a fun way to keep your young ones occupied during meal preparation. Shane and I have been having fun with many of these pages this week. Enjoy!


- Cooking Turkey is a Family Affair... with the Right Safety Tools
- Tips for a Safer Turkey
- Thanksgiving Activities (worksheets, games, crafts & more!)
- Thanksgiving Coloring Sheets
- Turkey Trivia

14 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Ok loved the riddles...I love family traditions and holidays and plain ole' time together with family...so Happy Turkey day to my dear friend!
Gobble gobble from New Mexico!

Missy said...

You are renting Facing the Giants and Bro Gay and Julee just let me borrow it. That is what I was going to do for Thanksgiving is to watch the movie too.
How about that! Great minds think alike.

Webutante said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Webutante said...

Thank you, dear Pam, and may you and your wonderful family have a blessed Thanksgiving.

We all have so much to be thankful for.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Thanks for the links....cool ideas!

Lyndy said...

Wishing you and your precious family a blessed Thanksgiving. Facing the Giants is my favorite movie.

Love and Hugs, Lyndy

Jackie said...

mI'm trying to picture all of you all having a Scavenger Hunt or Football Game after thanksgiving dinner...and it has me giggling. Sorry. :-)

Ashley said...

I take a walk when I can on thanksgiving! It makes you feel less guilty for all the stuff you eat. LOL

Have a GREAT thanksgiving! Hope you have fun and good food! Love you and miss you!

(woo!!! I'm off till Monday! * dances *)

~~Deby said...

Gobble to you wobble..heheh...
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.......
You are a dear dear...sweet blog friend...and I am thankful for you, Pam
Deby
BTW....Facing the Giants..EXCELLANT...we also ordered and bought Time Changers via MRs. B's recommend...I think it was even better..I got mine at Borders but think you could go to Susan's *By Grace*,,,and order from CBD and help them out at the same time a bit....it is a keeper too.

Justabeachkat said...

Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful...safe, fun, filled with love and many happy memory making moments.

Hugs!
Kat

candy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :)
Love Candy
xoxoxo
p.s. I LOVE Facing the Giants movie too :)

Missy said...

Just finished the movie Facing the Giants. Wow! what a great movie. Also, from the same production company- Flywheel. I watched Flywheel first and one of the actors in Flywheel is Brady in Facing the Giants. He also produced the movie.
I am glad I watched both by myself because I cried. Yes, I did.

Mishel said...

Happy Thanksgiving, friend!! : ) Hugs to you!

Theresa's Notes said...

I Love that movie, Facing the Giants, it is great. We have another one by them called Fly Wheel, again a great movie. If you like Facing the Giants you'll LOVE Fly Wheel.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.