Monday, March 05, 2007

Home Making Meme

Hey I snagged this Meme over at "Penless Thoughts" blog. I thougth it showed personality and would help my newer visitors get to know me better. So here goes:

Aprons - Y/N? If, Y, what does your favorite look like?
No, I don't wear them but I love the idea of them.

Baking - Favorite thing to bake:
Jackie's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Clothesline - Y/N?
No. I used a clothes line for years. Finally after baby #1 was about 3 yrs. old we were able to afford a dryer. What a blessing!

Donuts - Have you ever made them?
What? You mean you can make donuts at home!

Every day - One homemaking thing you do every day:
Make the beds! I can't think straight until that is done!

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze?
No but would love to get one!

Garbage Disposal - Y/N?
Yes.

Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource?
I subscribe to Better Homes & Gardens

Ironing - Love it or hate it?
Love It - when my health is allowing me to get around. I could spend all day ironing! It is so rewarding to see crisp clothes hanging in my closets!

Junk drawer - Y/N? Where is it? Yes! In my kitchen with premade insert for dividing each item and each spot has a drawing of what goes in each spot. Example: picture of coins for "spare change" etc.

Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme. I am in transition, going from very country to simple elegance. My goal is to incorporate a garnet red with buttery/goldish yellow. I have builder's beige walls now and beige ceramic tiled floors. I have my antique pitcher collection on top of the cabinets on one of my walls. The other cabinets have all my mexican pottery and baskets and serape displayed on them.

Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking?
The results of a good night's rest after all floors are disinfected and sheets changed and everything has been fluffed and dusted!

Mop - Y/N?
Yes, but not as often as I used to. I vacuum first and then mop but often I spot mop areas with my hand and rag.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
by hand

Oven - Do you use the window or open the oven door to check?
light in oven with window

Pizza - What do you put on yours?
Lots of cheese! red sweet bell peppers, tomatoe slices, onions, sausage on mine and hubby's. Son wants only cheese, sometimes pepperoni

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
BLOG BLOG BLOG!! I do still read books sometimes as well!

Recipe card box?
Yes and one online at Food Network!

Style of house?
Single level contemporary built last year. High cathedral ceilings, lots of big windows. House is painted gray, trim is white.Patio out back overlooking pond.

Tablecloths and napkins -
I have a beautiful wooden table that I hate to cover, so I usually just use place mats for us, but for holidays, I will put on an appropriate table cloth with matching napkins. Paper napkins for us unless its a birthday or I feel my family needs to feel special, but cloth for company.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized of course!

Vacuum - How many times per week?
Twice at least. More if I feel well.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
7 or 8.Sometimes more if I do rugs or something extra.

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Yes I have recently started this. I used to live by a list, but when I quit working out of the home, I sort of lost the habit. I recently realized how it helped me accomplish so much more to have a list, so I excitedly began this habit again.

Yard - Y/N? Who does what?
My husband does all the mowing and yard work. I do some weeding. I bring home pretty flowers sometimes and set them outside by my front door!

Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Making sure my kitchen sink is empty. Does kissing my son count?

This is a brief look into my home. If you'd like to join in and tag yourself, let me know so I can come read yours.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I enjoyed reading your post and learning about you. I really enjoyed your kitchen sounds lovely.

Rita Loca said...

Pam's house is always spotless and perfectly organized. i am always relaxed there.

Janie said...

Thanks for sharing these things about yourself!