Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mom

The appointment with mom's Dr. yesterday (Tuesday)brought news that she has a swollen lymph node near the site of her 1992 breast cancer. At least it isn't cancer this time! However, they want to surgically remove that lymph node to test for lymphoma. While consulting with the surgeon, I pointed out a place on mom's collar bone that seemed swollen. I first noticed this after mom's back surgery. The Dr. wanted mom in for an MRI before the surgery to determine if a swollen gland or lymph node was causing the area to look abnormal. Today was that MRI. We love Moffitt Cancer Center! They are so caring and get things done ASAP! Each Dr. I've met there have been so "people oriented". I'm so thankful the Lord worked things out for MOM to get in to such a great place. The staff is also very hospitable. They walk around the waiting rooms with trays of snacks and drinks - free for the taking. Once when there around the lunch hour, the Dr. offered to go get mom some lunch. Now that's impressive!

4 comments:

MightyMom said...

very impressive...

now, what'd the MRI say?

Susan said...

Never heard of a medical clinic like this one :o)
Susan

Justabeachkat said...

I'm so thankful your Mom is in such good hands. She will be in my prayers, I promise.

Hugs!
Kat

TO BECOME said...

It makes me happy to know that even though your mom is having these problems, people who are taking care of her, "care." I know that must make it so much easier to bear. Hope all goes well with the MRI. connie