Thursday, March 08, 2012

There's lots going on around the Rios Roost! I'm still unpacking boxes, well except for the books. I need another bookshelf. My dear sweet husband gave away all of our office furniture when we moved last March!!! I'm not missing the old time computer work station or the worn out leather executive desk chair, but the bookshelves I AM MISSING...ALOT!!!

But we did finally get a shelf with hooks hung near back garage door. That's a big help for dog leashes and in/out mail. Then we hung a picture above our bed. Not sure if I will keep it there. I may change it out. We also hung a shelf in our master bath w.c. I painted some chandelier shades to look warmer. They are no longer white but a cozy ochre. Oh and we finally got Shane's bedroom curtains hung!! YES!

Shane's room is closer to being finish. We are expecting his new headboard by next week. I researched and pinned an enormous amount of ideas for building our own headboard; but with the husband's schedule, we decided to go ahead and purchase a new one.

Speaking of *pinning*, yeah, well it's my newest addiction!!! It's an online world of virtual bulletin boards! I'm having a blast grouping my recipes and ideas, whether it be for home decor or children's church, in their specific places. It really helps me feel so much more organized! and with LESS PAPERS being printed out to lie around my office!! Paper work and filing them is my arch nemesis!



Here's a shot of the little shades I stippled. I like crisp white but it doesn't go with my decor as well as the warmer color.



I'm off to pay some bills and FILE papers! Yuck!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Love the lamp shades! I did something very similar to white picture frames.

Betty W said...

I love what you did to the shades. Looks so much better and warmer!

Lots to do when you move...

Rosilind Jukic said...

Beautiful!!! I love DIY projects!

~~Deby said...

Great job on the lamp shades, Pam...barely blogging...with so many of you on FB and Pinterest and more of a real life there, I just haven't been able to get into it.....I can't promise...
Deby

Sweet Woodruff said...

Oh I like those shades so much better than the white ones. I wouldn't have thought of that. Good idea.