Sunday, April 20, 2008

God's Peace

On a day when things were seemingly falling apart around me and my tumultuous mind needed calming, I FOUND THESE NOTES FROM ONE OF MY PASTOR'S SERMONS back in September of 2007. It was a blatant reminder that God wanted me to stay my mind on HIM and HIS GOODNESS!
***********************************************************************************


Preaching from Philippians 4:4-7 on the topic of - "HOW TO HAVE THE PEACE OF GOD", Pastor Naill gave the following points in his outline:


1. PRAISE - To have peace, you must first have PRAISE. There can't be discord if you're busy PRAISING!


2. POISE - act in moderation, Phil. 4:5. In the Greek, it means to be patient and gentle. Who would want to be caught away in the rapture during an angry argument? Always MODERATE your speech and relationships.


3. PRAYER - If we aren't spending time with the Lord in PRAYER, we'll have NO POWER in our lives. You can be the most faithful to church, singing in the choir, singing solos, dressed most modestly, but if not spending time in PRAYER, you will have NO POWER on your life.


God knows your requests before you bring them to HIM. He just wants you to talk to HIM about it.


God is interested in all parts of our lives. Pastor said he prayed before his free throw shots when playing high school basketball.


If he hears one of his children asking others for food during a "Dinner on the Grounds" at church, he intervenes and explains to his child, "Don't ask others for your needs. Ask me, I'm your Father. I enjoy taking care of your needs." He then related this to our Father God. God doesn't want to see us going around asking everyone but Him, begging, as it were, for our needs to be met when HIS purpose is to care for us and to meet our needs.


Having kids has confirmed in his mind that God set up the family to give us a real illustration of our relationship with God.


Pastor asked, "Is there any devastating occurrence which can disturb the peace of God? NO - God is the author of PEACE and the PRINCE OF PEACE! Philippians 4:7


One final quote from Pastor Naill: "The greatest secret to living a godly life and walking the proper walk is by knowing certain things about God and His Word."


I hope you enjoyed these little tidbits from a sermon which really encouraged me in my faith. I wish I could have posted the entire sermon for you, but I had only these few notes which I scratched out during the sermon. Feel free to visit my chuch website BY CLICKING HERE.

6 comments:

Toni said...

I am so glad you stopped by my blog!I love your blog!!I will be adding you to my list of blogs I visit so I can be reminded to come back again!
I think God is using these blogs in great ways!!
Thanks for doing this post!It`s a wonderful reminder!!Hope your having a blessed Lords Day!!

crazy4danes said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. And thank you for this wonderful post. What a beautiful message! It was a perfect addition to my sabbath day. :) Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Sound like you got great encouragement from the WORD---as related to you by Pastor Naill!!

Hope today is better for you...

Love and <<<<< HUGS >>>>>>>!

Anonymous said...

Sound like you got great encouragement from the WORD---as related to you by Pastor Naill!!

Hope today is better for you...

Love and <<<<< HUGS >>>>>>>!

Baptist Girl said...

If God be our God, He will give us peace in trouble. When there is a storm without, He will make peace within. The world can create trouble in peace, but God can create peace in trouble -- THOMAS WATSON

Sounds like a wonderful preacher Pam.
Take care Sis,
Cristina

Mishel said...

Soooo good! Thanks for sharing Pam!