Thursday, April 03, 2008

Cozy, Rainy Night

After a sunny morning and afternoon, we are now enjoying an evening of rain and thunder. Hey, it's okay by me. My yard needed the refreshment and now I won't have to run my sprinkler system! Thank you Lord for watering my lawn for me and saving me a few dollars on my water bill!

School went slowly today. Shane did make it to the park for P.E. with his dad. I usually go, but thanks to a new ecliptical exercise machine, I am so sore! Plus, I messed up yesterday and spent a little too long on the tennis courts withoug SUNBLOCK!! That's a big no no for several reasons. Let's see, its bad for the skin, possible skin cancer. I'm on medications that plainly state that I should limit my time in the sun! Even the RA istself has reasons attached which make too much sun exposure a poor choice for me. So--I've been naughty but I am paying the price with a pretty bright sunburn! *hangs head in shame*

After the guys return, we ate a lunch of spaghetti (wheat pasta), garlic toast, and salad. After showers and clean up, school commenced much later than normal. Shane did well with his Bible assignment and Spelling activities. Math was a real stinker though! We started so much later than normal. Shane is now taking a break, playing the Lego Star Wars video game with a little friend from next door. As soon as Ricardo returns home, we will have a History lesson.

Because hubby is working the late shift at the restaurant tonight, he won't be home until around midnight. I plan on having a cozy, relaxing night at home which includes a bubble bath, lit candle, and a good book.

I trust your week has gone well and that you are gearing up for a wonderful weekend and a time of worshipping and glorifying our Lord. Blessings!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, nothing like that good old bath.

We are expecting rain here. We love it because it helps turn the winter grass green again.

Your meal sounds great. I haven't had spaghetti in forever...yum.

Blessings to you as well my friend.

Justabeachkat said...

I think we'll be getting some rain soon too. That's okay with me. With my daughter, Mom and Aunt here, we'll stay inside and play.

Hugs!
Kat

~~Deby said...

~~Pamela
(does that sound motherly) or sisterly...
I just had 2 skin biopsies done..one came back as just sun damaged...(ahem)...the other sun damaged and possibly pre-cancerous.
Now girlfriend...get the sunblock..with some of the meds I have to take I cannot do the sun thing either, good thing I live in the Pacific North WET....
So if you want to play tennis, get a Wii, we LOVE ours...really...
Deby
who normally cannot stand video games

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Bubble bath, candle and a good book.....sounds wonderful!

We keep getting snow....I would much rather have rain this time of the year.

Kristi said...

Pam, Bruce and I are crackin' up at this...he was Hitler and I was Mother Theresa. LOL How funny is that? Can you imagine those two together in life? LOL That was hilarious.

~Kristi

Rebecca said...

That sounds like a nice day.