Friday, December 28, 2012

Days 24 - 27 Catching up on my #HOLIDAYPHOTOADAY

Well, I can't believe Christmas has come and gone already. Due to my son having strep throat, hubby just getting over a terrible bout with the flu, and me having a flare up with my R.A. - we didn't do our traditional Christmas Eve homemade Mexican meal. Agustin and Josh both had to work on Christmas Eve anyway. So Shane and I stayed home and rested.


DAY 24 ~ CHRISTMAS EVE
Agustin brought us some delicious Mexican food from Cantina Laredo.

 Beans & Rice
 
 
 
 Fixin's for Steak & Chicken Fajitas
 


 Platter of gourmet cookies dropped off by neighbors on Christmas Eve & a "Tres Leches Cake" dropped off at hubby's work on Christmas Eve from a former employee. So sweet!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


Day 25 ~ MERRY CHRISTMAS
 
 We found "JINGLES" the bear in another predicament on Christmas morning! It seems he had a craving for some chocolate kisses during the night while we slept!
 

My sweet family posing for our annual picture with the tree. My poor hubby was recouping from a terrible bout with the flu and Shane (in green) was still sick with strep throat. He really didn't want to leave his comfy couch to pose for this! You can't tell a bit from his expression, can you??? ;)
 I was pleased we were just able to get him *vertical*!!.


On Christmas Day, we kept it pretty low key. Extended family came over for a nice meal and gift exchange. None of us bought a lot of gifts this year. I didn't feel well most of the month and had only shopped twice.  I had only bought a couple of things for Shane. I gave out checks and restaurant gift cards mostly. Agustin and I had agreed not to buy each other anything; but I did end up printing out a photo our son took of us on one of our date nights and put it in a new frame that I hadn't used yet. I wrapped it up for him and he seemed very pleased when he opened it.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Day 26 ~ The photo I wrapped up for hubby.


 
 
 
.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Vee said...

So sorry that illness found your door. The nerve at Christmas! Still it seems that you had everything you needed most. Hope that your son is feeling much better now.

Rita Loca said...

I love the frame!