Monday, July 07, 2008

...and so, how was your fourth?

Ours was wonderful!


Years ago, when I was still living with my parents, mom had a friend make these little shoes for each of us children.

Isn't it adorable?

A simple center piece. We needed lots of space for all the food!



On this 4th of July
we experienced:

*a home full of loved ones and friends
*patriotic decorations galore
*great food from the grill
*yummy desserts

*moving music
*lots of laughter (especially during board games!)
*contentment
*patriotism
*catching up with old friends
*friendly banter

*a visit with our neighbors
*fireworks

*exhaustion
*feelings of safety and freedom


GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.

Well looky here at who came to visit for the day! (I once was an avid collector of all things bears!)
These charms for our drinkware were a hit! Everybody loved 'em!


Georgiann with her daughter Julia, Peggy with her daughter Tiffany.

The goblets all dressed up and identified!

The music we listened to through out the day.

Let the fireworks begin!

Peggy, Tiffany, Me, Julia, Josh

Our neighbor with her French Poodle, Casper!

July 5th, All the decor gathered, ready to be put back in storage!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We'll be leaving town for vacation on Tuesday. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to log on while I'm away, but my thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you. Believe me when I say, 'I'll check in each and every chance I get!' Would you mind offering prayers up on our behalf as we travel from flat Florida into mountainous West Virginia?May God's rich blessings be upon you.

8 comments:

Lyndy said...

Hello my sweet friend...so glad you had such a nice 4th. Will be praying you have a wonderful, fun and safe vacation.

Love & Hugs, Lyndy

Kimberly said...

Have a safe trip, we'll be praying for you!

~~Deby said...

Ours was quiet as we had to change plans a bit ....but it was nice..I love the company of my dear husband.
Deby

candy said...

everything looks so cute. Glad you had a nice JUly 4th!
Love and God bless,
candy :)
xo

Jodi said...

How cute is that little shoe!? :o) Looks like a fun 4th celebration. Praying for your safe travel.

Thursday's Child said...

Looks like you had a great time. I hope you have as good a time on your vacation. Be careful.

Deborah said...

Have a safe trip, and fun too! btw, my son, Justin started a blog and posted on Shane's the other day.

Rita Loca said...

I tried to call you and Mom. No answer, so I hope you have a good trip. Take lots of fotos!